Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spend the freaking money!!

Well, the new infrastructure report for 2010 is out and USA gets an overall grade of D.  I personally never liked the idea of getting a D so I never got one.  Furthermore, I believe folks who abuse their machinery are on the same moral level as folks who abuse their pets so obviously I don't approve of the current infrastructure mess.
2009 Grades
Aviation D
Bridges C
Dams D
Drinking Water D-
Energy D+
Hazardous Waste D
Inland Waterways D-
Levees D-
Public Parks and Recreation C-
Rail C-
Roads D-
Schools D
Solid Waste C+
Transit D
Wastewater D-
America's Infrastructure GPA: D
Estimated 5 Year Investment Need: $2.2 Trillion
In an August 30 post, I made the argument that a $1 TRILLION per year stimulation package is the sort of thing necessary to get the economy moving again.  When folks ask me what I would spend this money on, I reply that according to our Civil Engineers, JUST bringing our infrastructure up to standards would require about 1/2 that money in the next five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment