Thursday, December 1, 2011

A serious fight over electronic money

Back in the 1980s when I realized the developing nations of the world were being trashed and looted in the name of reprogramming computer chips, it dawned on me that the MOST revolutionary act possible would be if someone got access to the right computer chips and just cancelled all the third world debt.

Well I wasn't going to do it.  I can barely run a Macintosh and my last crack at programming came when I tried to learn something called Minnesota Fortran in the early 1970s.  I know just enough about computers to know how little I know.

So now we see a real threat emerge to the security of electric money.  I have no idea what these young hackers intend to do if they get access to the right servers. I don't even understand the level of nerd dick-swinging going on.  But I do understand that these kids are fooling with the global money supply and that folks, is the primal source of power in today's monetized world.

No comments:

Post a Comment